POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : endless road or similar Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  endless road or similar (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Warby
Subject: endless road or similar
Date: 23 Apr 2003 23:40:06
Message: <web.3ea75b72e7fe1cef8cfdcf6b0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Is there a way of travelling down a straight image, like a road, that goes
on forever? Some technique for repeating a stretch for example?

Cheers

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: endless road or similar
Date: 24 Apr 2003 06:36:21
Message: <3ea7be24@news.povray.org>
Warby <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Is there a way of travelling down a straight image, like a road, that goes
> on forever? Some technique for repeating a stretch for example?

  If you make a plane and put an image map onto it, it will repeat
infinitely by default.
  Also, it's not difficult to make a pigment which looks like a (simplified)
road and continues infinitely.