POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : syntax error "cylinder" ........??!! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:29:26 EDT (-0400)
  syntax error "cylinder" ........??!! (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: nomail
Subject: syntax error "cylinder" ........??!!
Date: 25 May 2004 11:30:00
Message: <web.40b365a44385462c23a2c35f0@news.povray.org>
Hi all!!

I am using povray to define the geometry that I want to use in Fem3D (a
partial differential equations solver). I am trying to define a container
('box' in povray), inside which I would like to place 12 drums ('cylinders'
in povray). Since the cylinders are within the container, I am defining
them inside an 'intersection' function. Firstly, I'd like to know if
'intersection' is the right method for me to use. Secondly, more
importantly, I am getting an error when I try running my program, it says:
syntax errir "sylinder"??!! I find this really weird coz 'cylinder' should
be a built-in function I thought!!

Could anybody please explain this and give me a way around this problem. I'd
really appreciate any suggestions/help provided.

Thanks, best regards,
Arun.

Post a reply to this message