POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Call for Simple macros for study/training purposes Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  Call for Simple macros for study/training purposes (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: LibraryMan
Subject: Call for Simple macros for study/training purposes
Date: 14 Nov 2002 14:35:23
Message: <3DD3FB60.F21E19DE@att.net>
The subj. line pretty much says it all:
I'd like any voluntary submissions of simple macros, nothing with
terribly advanced math in it (I never got higher than Geom. & Algebra II
in high school, and my one required math unit in college was in
probability & statistics, which of course is not heavily required in
ray-tracing...)

I'm trying to expand my POV'ing horizons, and make my code more
efficient, less repetitive.

Feel free to send them directly to me, mrm### [at] attnet or
mmc### [at] netscapenet, rather than posting them if you feel
that's not appropriate.

Thanks for anything.
--Mark W.

P.S.  How do I use the macros some of you include as your signatures?
Am I supposed to copy & paste them into bare-bones *.pov files with
camera & lighting already in place?

Post a reply to this message

> I'd like any voluntary submissions of simple macros, nothing with
> terribly advanced math in it (I never got higher than Geom. & Algebra II
> in high school, and my one required math unit in college was in
> probability & statistics, which of course is not heavily required in
> ray-tracing...)

Look at the example files and include files. There are lots of macros in
the includes, ranging from extremely simple to fairly complex.

> P.S.  How do I use the macros some of you include as your signatures?
> Am I supposed to copy & paste them into bare-bones *.pov files with
> camera & lighting already in place?

Those are usually entire scenes. Paste them into an empty *.pov file and
render.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/