POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Density Files Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Density Files (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Josh
Subject: Density Files
Date: 12 Aug 2004 10:39:58
Message: <411b813e$1@news.povray.org>
Can anyone point me at a web site that shows how to build a density file
from scratch.  I want to build a density file based on some data.

Thanks,

Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Subject: Re: Density Files
Date: 12 Aug 2004 13:23:13
Message: <Xns9543C53947207seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:411b813e$1@news.povray.org Josh wrote:

> I want to build a density file based on some data.

There are several ways,

- use the density extension patch to read the data directly (Needs POV-Ray
3.5):  http://staff.aist.go.jp/r-suzuki/e/povray/iso/df_body.htm

- Turn the data-slices into images and use TGA2DF3:
http://www.users.on.net/~pod/df3/
The source of this tool is available and can help you to figure out how to
build a df3.

- http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/povray/df3/

There is also a BASIC script by David Sharp somewhere on this server that
builds a df3 from a function, can't find it right now.

Ingo