POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can we know pixels per inch for the image? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  Can we know pixels per inch for the image? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: James
Subject: Can we know pixels per inch for the image?
Date: 29 Nov 2005 11:15:00
Message: <web.438c7d91c7ce4027b7afe1280@news.povray.org>
Hi!

Thank you for your help. It is working. Resolution is much higher than
before.

Lastly, how can we know pixels per inch (PPI) for obtained images?

Thanks a lot.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Williams
Subject: Re: Can we know pixels per inch for the image?
Date: 29 Nov 2005 11:26:39
Message: <CvRTEdA2EIjDFws2@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it James who wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Thank you for your help. It is working. Resolution is much higher than
>before.
>
>Lastly, how can we know pixels per inch (PPI) for obtained images?

Divide the number of pixels that you tell POV to generate by the size at
which you eventually decide to print or display the image.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure