POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : beginner question: glass table Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:31:12 EDT (-0400)
  beginner question: glass table (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: J Tellings
Subject: beginner question: glass table
Date: 19 Nov 2002 11:53:18
Message: <3dda6c7e$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I want to make a table of highly reflective and transparent glass. How can i
do this?

Thanks  a lot!

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter Popov
Subject: Re: beginner question: glass table
Date: 19 Nov 2002 14:05:02
Message: <7o2ltug3dkmkv7mov7ousc5nkqb34k5jke@4ax.com>
On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:53:19 +0100, "J Tellings"
<j_t### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>I want to make a table of highly reflective and transparent glass. How can i
>do this?

Look outside the window. If it's bright outside, you can not see a
reflection. If it is dark outside, you can not see anything there, but
you see a nice reflection.

That is to say, the realism of your scene will depend on what's behind
the glass.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg