POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : question about user defined float functions Server Time
27 Jul 2024 14:30:31 EDT (-0400)
  question about user defined float functions (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jonathan Bush
Subject: question about user defined float functions
Date: 31 May 2024 07:15:00
Message: <web.6659b0f23151b3296e558a71fde6c206@news.povray.org>
In the reference manual I do not find a formal definition of a user defined
float function. Instead, several examples are provided. I assumed a conditional
expression could be used to define a function, but apparently I was mistaken. I
get an error "Parse Error: Expected 'operator', ? found instead"

Is there any way to create a float function which is a conditional expression?
Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

"Jonathan Bush" <djb### [at] gmxcom> wrote:
> Is there any way to create a float function which is a conditional expression?
> Thank you.

You may look at: select(A, B, C [,D])

ingo

Post a reply to this message

> "Jonathan Bush" <djb### [at] gmxcom> wrote:
> > Is there any way to create a float function which is a conditional expression?
> > Thank you.
>
> You may look at: select(A, B, C [,D])
>
> ingo

Okay, if I understand this correctly, if the input parameter A is boolean, I can
provide any value I want for B, and C is the value returned when A is false, and
D is the value when A is true. I hope I got that right. Thanks for the tip!

Post a reply to this message