POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Distance to camera as pigment Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:57:47 EDT (-0400)
  Distance to camera as pigment (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: iljah
Subject: Distance to camera as pigment
Date: 19 Mar 2019 04:25:00
Message: <web.5c90a6ab69c1cfb51d791a250@news.povray.org>
I'd like to color all objects by how far each part of them that's visible in a
particular pixel of final image is from the camera. Apparently this can be done
by using some pigment but I have no idea what to do after spending about an hour
reading https://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/332/ and other pages.
Google wasn't helpful either. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

> I'd like to color all objects by how far each part of them that's visible in a
> particular pixel of final image is from the camera. Apparently this can be done
> by using some pigment but I have no idea what to do after spending about an hour
> reading https://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/332/ and other pages.
> Google wasn't helpful either. Any suggestions? Thanks!

The small attached scene does that (thanks to Alain and ChrisB).

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: