POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Simple isosurface Server Time
29 Mar 2024 08:09:00 EDT (-0400)
  Simple isosurface (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: kurtz le pirate
Subject: Simple isosurface
Date: 7 Mar 2016 10:28:15
Message: <56dd9e0f$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

For a cylinder along the x axis, the equation is :
	function { y*y + z*z - R }

Ok, but how to make an isosurface cylinder like povray cylinder from two
points?

I thought to :
  - compute distance from p2 to p1.
  - compute the two angles from p1 to p2
  - make x axis isosurface cylinder
  - rotate the isosurface of the two angles
  - translate to p1

Do you see a simpler solution ?

---
kurtz le pirate