POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : loss of color coding in editor Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:14:44 EDT (-0400)
  loss of color coding in editor (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Bolek
Subject: loss of color coding in editor
Date: 20 Sep 2011 11:50:01
Message: <web.4e78b50679ca9e9f3fb4713c0@news.povray.org>
I'm using POV-Ray for Windows
Version 3.6.2.msvc9-sse2.win32
with the Windows 7 Home Premium operating system.

I've lost the color coding in the editor. I can select "Black On White" or
"White And Black" from item "Color Scheme" on the Editor menu. When clicking on
"Custom" I get the "Window Properties" window. On the "Colors"/Font" tab I see
that colors are assigned to various items, for example, a dark green to
comments, magenta to keywords, red to operators, etc. Yet when I select "Custom"
I don't get the colors in the editor. Am I doing something wrong or is this a
known bug?

I was getting the colors but for some reasons they simply disappeared!

Post a reply to this message

> I've lost the color coding in the editor. I can select "Black On White" or
> "White And Black" from item "Color Scheme" on the Editor menu. When clicking on
> "Custom" I get the "Window Properties" window. On the "Colors"/Font" tab I see
> that colors are assigned to various items, for example, a dark green to
> comments, magenta to keywords, red to operators, etc. Yet when I select "Custom"
> I don't get the colors in the editor. Am I doing something wrong or is this a
> known bug?

Try the following: Open the "Window Properties" (shortest way is to
press Alt+Enter), then...

- on the "Language/Tabs" tab, verify that "Language" is set to "POV-Ray";

- on the "Misc" tab, verify that "Color syntax highlighting" is enabled.

(I'm using the POV-Ray 3.7 GUI as a reference here, but AFAIK nothing
has been changed from 3.6 regarding syntax highlighting.)

Post a reply to this message

> > I've lost the color coding in the editor. ...>

> > Try the following: Open the "Window Properties"  - on the "Language/Tabs"
tab, verify that "Language" is set to "POV-Ray...

Thank you. That was my problem, it was not set to "POV-Ray."

Post a reply to this message

> clipka<ano### [at] anonymousorg>  wrote:
>> Am 20.09.2011 17:45, schrieb Bolek:
>>> I've lost the color coding in the editor. ...>
>

>>> Try the following: Open the "Window Properties"  - on the "Language/Tabs"
> tab, verify that "Language" is set to "POV-Ray...
>>>

> Thank you. That was my problem, it was not set to "POV-Ray."

FYI, POV-Ray stores the "Language" setting on a per-file basis (for the
most recently opened files), so if you had this problem with more than
one file you will need to re-set the setting for each one individually.