POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Calculating the pigment RGB values with functions? Server Time
7 Jul 2024 08:37:23 EDT (-0400)
  Calculating the pigment RGB values with functions? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Hadmut Danisch
Subject: Calculating the pigment RGB values with functions?
Date: 17 Sep 2009 18:53:51
Message: <4AB2BDFF.4010805@msgid.danisch.de>
Hi,

a newbie question:

I want to create objects, where I want to calculate the r,g,b and
transparency values of the pigment rgb color with self written functions.

Unfortunately, I could not find a way to declare this. Whatever I try,
povray does not accept it as correct. It looks as if the povray language
is not really orthogonal.

How would I achieve to have texture where all four channels (rgbt) are
calculated with function?

Is this restricted to 1-dimensional calculations and mapping with a
color map?

regards
Hadmut

Post a reply to this message