POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : trying to animate with the color_map Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  trying to animate with the color_map (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: The FD
Subject: trying to animate with the color_map
Date: 19 Mar 2009 12:15:01
Message: <web.49c26ef7c67a81a0d3bf6faf0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

this is the second time I pop my head in there... I am still pretty new to
Povray.

Here is how you could help:
I am building an animation in which the color of an object will vary with time.
Here is how the color is given to the object (I removed the object from the
code to make this message shorter):

#declare i=1;
#while (i<imax)
  pigment {
    gradient x
    color_map {
      [0.00 rgbt <0,0,Sv(i),0.7>]
      [1.00 rgbt <Sa(i),0,0,0.4>]
    }
    scale 28
    translate <-14,0,0>
  }
#declare i=i+1;
#end

Now I need to get the values of Sa and Sv from a .csv file. I just don't now how
to transfer them in an array in Povray and then get a given value of Sa and Sv
in each loop

Does anyone have a tip for doing that?

Thank you so much in advance

Post a reply to this message