POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : usage of #declare Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:25:57 EDT (-0400)
  usage of #declare (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: dabbler
Subject: usage of #declare
Date: 4 Jun 2007 22:15:01
Message: <web.4664c4dcbdd8b0ac38f605ab0@news.povray.org>
can anyone tell me why this does not work: (the #declare line gets the
yellow overlay)

#declare SourceImage = "F:\apps\POV-Ray for Windows
v3.6\hfields\HF101SizeMaters44.png";

height_field {
  png SourceImage
  translate -0.5
  scale <52,12,52>
  pigment{color rgb <1,1,0> }
}

but this does:

height_field {
  png "F:\apps\POV-Ray for Windows v3.6\hfields\HF101SizeMaters44.png"

  translate -0.5
  scale <52,12,52>
  pigment{color rgb <1,1,0> }
}

Post a reply to this message

> can anyone tell me why this does not work: (the #declare line gets the
> yellow overlay)

And what is the error message?

Post a reply to this message

>> can anyone tell me why this does not work: (the #declare line gets the
>> yellow overlay)
>
> And what is the error message?

Dabbler, if you are using the windows interface, you have a "Messages" tab.
on the Messages page you should find the error message at the end of the log

Marc

Post a reply to this message

#declare SourceImage = "F:\apps\POV-Ray for Windows
v3.6\hfields\HF101SizeMaters44.png";

into

#declare SourceImage = "F:\\apps\\POV-Ray for Windows
v3.6\\hfields\\HF101SizeMaters44.png";

double  the \

should be solve the prob

> can anyone tell me why this does not work: (the #declare line gets the
> yellow overlay)
>
> #declare SourceImage = "F:\apps\POV-Ray for Windows
> v3.6\hfields\HF101SizeMaters44.png";
>
> height_field {
>   png SourceImage
>   translate -0.5
>   scale <52,12,52>
>   pigment{color rgb <1,1,0> }
> }
>
> but this does:
>
> height_field {
>   png "F:\apps\POV-Ray for Windows v3.6\hfields\HF101SizeMaters44.png"
>
>   translate -0.5
>   scale <52,12,52>
>   pigment{color rgb <1,1,0> }
> }