POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : trace function debug.. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:33:47 EDT (-0400)
  trace function debug.. (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: albe99
Subject: trace function debug..
Date: 19 Apr 2007 02:40:02
Message: <web.46270ddf948c2c92df6ff5fd0@news.povray.org>
Dear friends..
imagining to place some objects (trees) on an height_field with a trace
function
like this, for example:

//-------- Placing the trees -------------
#declare Seed=seed(2);
#declare Spacing=0.24;
#declare Cnt=0;

#declare PosX=-3;

#while (PosX < 3)

  #declare PosY=-3;

  #while (PosY < 3)

    // trace function
    #declare Norm = <0, 0, 0>;
    #declare Start = <PosX+(rand(Seed)-0.5)*Spacing,
PosY+(rand(Seed)-0.5)*Spacing, 1.0>;
    #declare Pos = trace (
                  Terrain_Obj,     // object to test
                  Start,           // starting point
                  -z,              // direction
                  Norm );          // normal

    #if (Norm.x != 0 | Norm.y != 0 | Norm.z != 0)   // if intersection is
found, normal differs from 0
      #if ((vdot(Norm, z)>0.85) & (Pos.z < 0.25))
      // criteria for placing trees: not too steep and not too high
        object {
          TreeA (0.05+rand(Seed)*0.02)
          translate Pos
        }
        #declare Cnt=Cnt+1;
      #end
    #end

    #declare PosY=PosY+Spacing;

  #end

  #declare PosX=PosX+Spacing;
#end

...if you wanted to know, using debug, the xyz position for each placed tree,
how can I do?...

I would want debugging a string like "translate <x,y,z>" for every object
in order to insert them in a .inc file.

can someone help me?, please..
Alberto.

Post a reply to this message