POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Does difference statement work with meshes? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:16 EDT (-0400)
  Does difference statement work with meshes? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: George J  Wallace
Subject: Does difference statement work with meshes?
Date: 10 Feb 2007 17:28:12
Message: <45ce46fc$1@news.povray.org>
Hi;
  I built a rather complex model in GMAX but its' booleans are buggy so I
imported all of the objects to PovRay as individual meshes and have been
going nuts trying to do difference or intersections with them.  I know union
and merge will work with the meshes but is there a way to get the difference
and intersections to work, also or do they only work on CSG objects?
TIA...gjw

--
George J. Wallace

Post a reply to this message

George J. Wallace <geo### [at] msncom> wrote:
> I know union
> and merge will work with the meshes but is there a way to get the difference
> and intersections to work

  Yes. You have to define an 'inside_vector' for the mesh for it to work
properly. Check the documentation.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message