POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Light intensity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Light intensity (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Philipp
Subject: Light intensity
Date: 9 Feb 2007 03:23:08
Message: <45cc2f6c@news.povray.org>
Hello,

How do you change the intensity of a light source?
I understand that I can change the color, but how to make it brighter
than <color White>?

Thanks Phil

Post a reply to this message

From: Penelope20k
Subject: Re: Light intensity
Date: 9 Feb 2007 04:05:15
Message: <45cc394b$1@news.povray.org>
you can give a light color value upper than 1 .. like this   light_source
{10*y  color {rgb 2}}
or
you can change your gamma .. this will give your picture more brighter

global_settings {
    assume_gamma 2.2 // default value
}

or
you can use a radiosity render

> Hello,
>
> How do you change the intensity of a light source?
> I understand that I can change the color, but how to make it brighter
> than <color White>?
>
> Thanks Phil

Post a reply to this message

light source {10*y, color 2*White} .. should work as well

> Hello,
>
> How do you change the intensity of a light source?
> I understand that I can change the color, but how to make it brighter
> than <color White>?
>
> Thanks Phil

Post a reply to this message

> light source {10*y, color 2*White} .. should work as well

Thanks a lot