POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Spherical Aberration Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Spherical Aberration (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: derek
Subject: Spherical Aberration
Date: 4 Jun 2006 11:20:01
Message: <web.4482fa177757c618bbb6dd580@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I can't make Spherical Aberration, can someone help me??

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: Spherical Aberration
Date: 4 Jun 2006 14:18:54
Message: <4483240e$1@news.povray.org>
derek nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 04/06/2006 11:19:
> Hi,
>
> I can't make Spherical Aberration, can someone help me??

Do you want them at the focal point of a lencelike object?
Have you tried using photons? or are you using caustics?
caustics is a quick and dirty approximation that don't take the distance into acount.
It's good for
the light play when light shines trough some water and hit the bottom, sepecialy if
you have a very
large surface.
You need to use photons.
First: add a photons{spacing 0.1} (adjust spacing as needed) or photons{count 100000}
(adjust count
as needed) in the global_settings{} block.
Then, add a photon{target on refraction on} in your lence object deffinition.

--
Alain
Jehovah's Witnesses #2: May we have a moment of your time to show you some of our

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 4 Jun 2006 15:39:20
Message: <448336e8@news.povray.org>
derek <cyb### [at] go2pl> wrote:
> I can't make Spherical Aberration, can someone help me??

  Tried putting a spherical lens in front of the camera already?
(Spherical lenses present the spherical aberration problem.)

--
                                                          - Warp