POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Render a portion of a scene? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Render a portion of a scene? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: ChaoZ
Subject: Render a portion of a scene?
Date: 20 Mar 2006 17:40:01
Message: <web.441f2e9badad9cf87d7333b30@news.povray.org>
I was rendering a huge image (for print purposes), when my computer crashed.
I was at approximately 85% through a 5000 line render (after more than a
day).

How would I tell POVray to render the bottm 20% or so only? Then I can
probably join them up in Photoshop. Is there a simple toolbar command-line
option?

Post a reply to this message

Heh, I guess I should've read the docs carefully first. The Start_Row=0.n
command was exactly what I needed (Where 0 is the row number to start with,
and n is the percent of the file to render). So I used Star_Row=3750.100

It's starting again now, I hope I applied it correctly. If not, somebody
warn me before I spend too much time? :D

"ChaoZ" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I was rendering a huge image (for print purposes), when my computer crashed.
> I was at approximately 85% through a 5000 line render (after more than a
> day).
>
> How would I tell POVray to render the bottm 20% or so only? Then I can
> probably join them up in Photoshop. Is there a simple toolbar command-line
> option?

Post a reply to this message