POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : a question about radiosity Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  a question about radiosity (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Andrey Platonov
Subject: a question about radiosity
Date: 16 Sep 2005 16:00:01
Message: <web.432b2347850fefba73333a0@news.povray.org>
Hi

Could someone please explain, how pretrace_start affects the quality of the
final image? Radiosity pretrace phase is mentioned quite shortly in
documentation and tutorials, and only pretrace_end gets explained. As far
as I understand, the difference between pretrace_start and pretrace_end
specifies the number of pretrace steps. E.g if I specify pretrace_start
0.08 and pretrace_end 0.01 there will be 4 steps. But will there be any
difference if I e.g. specify pretrace_start the same as pretrace_end, and
there will be only one step?

Andrey

Post a reply to this message