POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Color of a point Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  Color of a point (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Paolo Gibellini
Subject: Color of a point
Date: 25 Feb 2005 10:47:58
Message: <421f48ae@news.povray.org>
Hallo!
I'm writing a simple macro in order to cover of scales an object, and my
purpose is to assign to each scale the color of the surface of the object in
the point of tangency with the scale itself.
The question is...
...is possible to determinate the color of a point of given coordinates in
POV-Ray?

Thank you in advance,
;-)
Paolo

Post a reply to this message

> I'm writing a simple macro in order to cover of scales an object, and my
> purpose is to assign to each scale the color of the surface of the object
in
> the point of tangency with the scale itself.
> The question is...
> ...is possible to determinate the color of a point of given coordinates in
> POV-Ray?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> ;-)
> Paolo

try
eval_pigment(Pigm, Vect)
"Pigm" being your predeclared pigment  and "Vect" being coordinates of the
point you are testing (beware object tranformations)

Marc

Post a reply to this message

It works, but only if the object to be covered by scales has only a pigment.
It's however a step further...
Thank you,
;-)
Paolo