POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : the background color : can it be faked ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:30:54 EDT (-0400)
  the background color : can it be faked ? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Hal
Subject: the background color : can it be faked ?
Date: 21 Feb 2005 10:30:00
Message: <web.4219fe5796c27f36a655690@news.povray.org>
i dont know if this has a solution , but i hope so ...

imagine that i have some metal letters (say T_Chrome_5E ) in the middle of
space , with just 2 or 3 lights more , and whithout any other object or
plain

the letters will shine a lot , and we will see metal letters with a black
background

but i want to make the same letters , with a white background,

so i would add :    background {color rgb <1,1,1> }

but the problem is that the reaction wont be the same , bcoz its everything
in white, and the letters wont even be visible , bcoz the scene shines too
much !!!

so .... my question is ....  can i make a scene reacting to a black
backgroung , but with a white background visible ?

i could make it with a black background and then , using a good software
like photoshop to fill the black around the letters with white , but  the
edges of the letters would be too much aliased ....
its very very hard to fill the space around the letters with white properly

any help ?

or it cant do done ?    :(

*sorry for my english ... i only had 2 years of english at my school .... :(
*

Post a reply to this message