POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Color Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Color (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: johnnym
Subject: Color
Date: 19 Feb 2005 13:15:01
Message: <web.421780f6a79767eddcf82eb80@news.povray.org>
Can someone tell me why this object doesn't get white,but only black, though
i assigned an rgb <1,1,1> command?
Many thanks!

Willem

#macro etorus(w, h, r) sphere_sweep {

     // The factor by which we need to scale
     // a b_spline to get the right size
     #declare s=1.6;

     b_spline
     7,
     <-w*s,  0,    0>, r
     <   0,  0,  h*s>, r
     < w*s,  0,    0>, r
     <   0,  0, -h*s>, r
     <-w*s,  0,    0>, r
     <   0,  0,  h*s>, r
     < w*s,  0,    0>, r

     // tolerance could be a param if you wanted
     tolerance 0.9

}
#end

object {
 etorus(19, 1*10, .1)

 rgb <1,1,1>
 rotate <0,0,5>

}

Post a reply to this message

From: Marc Jacquier
Subject: Re: Color
Date: 19 Feb 2005 13:31:01
Message: <421785e5$1@news.povray.org>

>  rgb <1,1,1>
>  rotate <0,0,5>
Maybe the answer is in the topic : )
try
color rgb <1,1,1>

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Date: 19 Feb 2005 13:53:50
Message: <42178b3e$1@news.povray.org>
"Marc Jacquier" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message

>>  rgb <1,1,1>
>>
> Maybe the answer is in the topic : )
> try
> color rgb <1,1,1>

Actually, the answer is in the message-- the POV-Ray messages, that is.  ;-)

When rendered it says: "Quick color belongs in texture. Color ignored." and
"No pigment type given."

Needs a pigment wrapper at the very least. So pigment {rgb 1} would correct
the error. Watch the message stream first, then if it's okay the problem
could just be camera/light/object position or something else that's not a
scripting error.

Bob Hughes

Post a reply to this message