POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : repeat in texture wrapped around a sphere Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:26:56 EDT (-0400)
  repeat in texture wrapped around a sphere (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Rafal Maj Raf256
Subject: repeat in texture wrapped around a sphere
Date: 8 Feb 2005 21:24:30
Message: <4209745e@news.povray.org>
I must be geting old or something - I forgot how to make a texture that:

1) is a material_map
2) is wrapped around sphere like with map_type 1 or uv_mapping
3) but is scaled/repeated _before_ wraping around

In example like:
#declare texSiatka = texture {
  material_map {
    png "xbw.png" interpolate 4
    texture { pigment { rgb y } }
    texture { pigment { rgb x } }
  }
}

And .png is image of one "X" shaped latter.
I want sphere be covered with in example 10 "X"-es in both directions
(10*10) and not just one.

--
Rafal Maj Raf256

Post a reply to this message

> I must be geting old or something - I forgot how to make a texture that:
>
> 1) is a material_map
> 2) is wrapped around sphere like with map_type 1 or uv_mapping
> 3) but is scaled/repeated _before_ wraping around

I have not a complete answer but here is a clue:
See
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/407/
2.5.12.6.5

Scale down your image before warp