POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : No triangles in mesh error Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:29:52 EDT (-0400)
  No triangles in mesh error (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: John Dalbec
Subject: No triangles in mesh error
Date: 8 Jan 2005 20:30:55
Message: <41e0894f$1@news.povray.org>
I'm rendering an animation with multiple triangle meshes.
In one frame of the animation all the triangles in one of the meshes
degenerate and I get an error.  I've worked around it by including a
"dummy" triangle hidden behind an opaque surface, but I was wondering if
there's a more natural fix?
Thanks,
John

Post a reply to this message

 John Dalbec <jda### [at] cbosscom> wrote:

> I'm rendering an animation with multiple triangle meshes.
> In one frame of the animation all the triangles in one of the meshes
> degenerate and I get an error.  I've worked around it by including a
> "dummy" triangle hidden behind an opaque surface, but I was wondering if
> there's a more natural fix?

Just the obvious: don't create a mesh without any valid triangles. Check
for the conditions that cause the degenerate mesh, and just don't
specify it when they occur.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
http://tag.povray.org/