POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : cells pattern position,cam z-ax Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:31:22 EDT (-0400)
  cells pattern position,cam z-ax (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Tyrell rr
Subject: cells pattern position,cam z-ax
Date: 12 Nov 2004 11:47:25
Message: <4194e91d$1@news.povray.org>
cells pattern position,cam z-ax (I know, Itty nitty gritty stuff)

While creating some test animation of the different patterns in povray,
I notice that at high zoom levels the pattern - cells start to drift.

drift: as in, it looks like the cell boundary's are not running exactly true
the origin.
zoom: 100 (scale 0.010)

just wondering about it.

might be part of my code:
(remember something vague about camera angles along z-ax)?

camera {
  orthographic
  location <0,0,1>
  look_at  <0,0,0>
}
box {
  <-0.5, -0.5, 0>, <0.5, 0.5, 0>
}

Post a reply to this message

> cells pattern position,cam z-ax (I know, Itty nitty gritty stuff)
>
> While creating some test animation of the different patterns in povray,
> I notice that at high zoom levels the pattern - cells start to drift.
>
> drift: as in, it looks like the cell boundary's are not running exactly true
> the origin.
> zoom: 100 (scale 0.010)
>
> just wondering about it.
>
> might be part of my code:
> (remember something vague about camera angles along z-ax)?
>
> camera {
>   orthographic
>   location <0,0,1>
>   look_at  <0,0,0>
> }
> box {
>   <-0.5, -0.5, 0>, <0.5, 0.5, 0>
> }

Can you provide some more code that illustrates your problem ?

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.net