POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Windows command line rendering Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  Windows command line rendering (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: David Robinson
Subject: Windows command line rendering
Date: 27 Oct 2004 03:22:47
Message: <417f4cc7$1@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to find the reference for this, as I'm writing a program that
generates scripts and renders them in the background.

Am I horribly blind? Are there any comprehensive references around?

Thanks,

David

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:22:47 +0100, "David Robinson" <tdf### [at] ezrscom> wrote:
> I'm trying to find the reference for this, as I'm writing a program that
> generates scripts and renders them in the background.

1. You can call POV-Ray for windows from command line (it shows splash screen
and opens window but can be fully controlled from the script)
2. You can use unofficial command line build (ie. MegaPOV 1.1)
3. You can compile command line yourself using source distribution.

ABX

Post a reply to this message

"ABX" <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:22:47 +0100, "David Robinson" <tdf### [at] ezrscom> wrote:
> > I'm trying to find the reference for this, as I'm writing a program that
> > generates scripts and renders them in the background.
>
> 1. You can call POV-Ray for windows from command line (it shows splash
screen
> and opens window but can be fully controlled from the script)
> 2. You can use unofficial command line build (ie. MegaPOV 1.1)
> 3. You can compile command line yourself using source distribution.
>
> ABX

Spot on, thanks a lot :)

Daivd