POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Contained_by color Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:27:21 EDT (-0400)
  Contained_by color (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: FrEaK
Subject: Contained_by color
Date: 28 Aug 2004 00:40:01
Message: <web.41300bf756c15ba31f3981d0@news.povray.org>
I'm going through the tutorials and am up to isosurfaces.  All their example
images have a different color for the surface of the function than for the
containing box.  And this is the one section of the tutorial without sample
scene code!  How do you make the containing box gray and the surface tan?

Post a reply to this message

> I'm going through the tutorials and am up to isosurfaces.  All their example
> images have a different color for the surface of the function than for the
> containing box.  And this is the one section of the tutorial without sample
> scene code!  How do you make the containing box gray and the surface tan?

I don't think you get it from the iso alone

They are using some sort of trick to produce the illustration
maybe:
#declare F = function { abs(x)-1+y }

intersection {
         isosurface {