POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Terrain Paths Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:27:21 EDT (-0400)
  Terrain Paths (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ramanan M G
Subject: Terrain Paths
Date: 3 Jul 2004 21:09:26
Message: <40e758c6@news.povray.org>
I am a new user of pov. I would be thankful, if someone can tell me, how to
make roads that follow the contours of a terrain map. I tried intersecting
two HF maps, both same, but one with a road. But the result sticks out of
the terrain. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Post a reply to this message

Make the HF at the place where the road should be significantly lower
and place the entire HF of the road a tiny bit lower. How much does not
matter much, as long as the HF do not interfere because of rounding
errors.
	Andrel