POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to make a mess? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  How to make a mess? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: SomeOne
Subject: How to make a mess?
Date: 2 Jul 2004 08:06:20
Message: <40e54fbc$1@news.povray.org>
Short Question: Given a scene or part of a scene in an SDF, what tools exist
that let me convert that scene(part) into a mesh?

I have a complex scene with memory requirements that exceed the available
memory in the computer. I have been advised to change some of the objects in my
scene into a mesh. The manual is no great help. I have studied some examples
and found that people have seperate include-files that (sometimes) contain
enormous mesh definitions. I can't image these are created by manual labour. I
think there must be some way to convert an SDF into a mesh definition.

Any tips or URLs are welcome.

--
Maurice

Post a reply to this message