POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : perspective views of arc projects Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  perspective views of arc projects (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Rodrigo Almeida
Subject: perspective views of arc projects
Date: 21 Apr 2004 06:42:09
Message: <40865001@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm interested start using POV-RAY to create photo-realistic perspective
views of architecture projects. I would receive the autocad files from the
clients and would give them the desired views. I've been studying the
Tutorial (wich is Great!) and I have some questions:

- Is Pov-Ray capable to REALLY predict (I'm not demanding 100% realism) the
illumination of a building (or one of its pieces) if I mix the raytracing
and radiosity methods? The textures and the materials work fine in this
approach?

- Suggestions of other softwres to support POV-RAY modeling of the scene?

- Any Methodology to the process? (maybe someone in the list works with
similar stuff)

Other comments are also very welcome.
Thanks,
Rodrigo