POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Generating text Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Generating text (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: dicdoc
Subject: Generating text
Date: 24 Mar 2004 23:25:52
Message: <40625f50$1@news.povray.org>
I have used FONT3D to create text,  just downloaded elefont...(nice GUI
setup)...    So how do I call the  .inc file that I have created with
elefont??

FONT3D would have done it like this.....

object {DADS_STR
   scale 1
   translate <0.75, 0.0, -8.0>
}

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks

Post a reply to this message

dicdoc nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/03/24 23:25... :

>I have used FONT3D to create text,  just downloaded elefont...(nice GUI
>setup)...    So how do I call the  .inc file that I have created with
>elefont??
>
>FONT3D would have done it like this.....
>
>object {DADS_STR
>   scale 1
>   translate <0.75, 0.0, -8.0>
>}
>
>I would appreciate any help.
>Thanks

Put your inc files with all the others in the includes folder.
Add the following line early in your scene, before you use any part of it:
#include "<your include>.inc"

Alain

Post a reply to this message

From: Richard Keuneke
Date: 25 Mar 2004 23:51:48
Message: <4063b6e4$1@news.povray.org>
> Put your inc files with all the others in the includes folder.
> Add the following line early in your scene, before you use any part of it:
> #include "<your include>.inc"
>
> Alain

Thanks Alain,

I had placed the  .inc files in the include folder and added the line:
"#include <file>.inc" to my  .pov file.
That action by itself didn't do the trick.
By experimenting I found that EleFont adds the line:
"#declare Armanisoft_0 = mesh"  to the beginning of the .inc file
followed by many lines of triangulations.

I changed the Armanisoft_0 to Armanisoft_1 and called it with:

object {Armanisoft_1
   scale 4
   pigment { MediumGoldenrod }
         finish {
           ambient 0.7
           diffuse 0.6
         }
   translate <-4.8, 0.0, -8.0>
}

This allows me to place a single letter.
I haven't been able to create strings of letters (words) with EleFont
however,
so I am left with creating individual letters and calling them Armanisoft_2,
3, etc.
and placing them individually.

Do you know of a trick to make EleFont create whole words?

Thank you,
Dicdoc