POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : --- Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  --- (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Stephen
Subject: ---
Date: 20 Feb 2004 23:12:28
Message: <4036daac$1@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to install Povray to a CD so it runs as a standalone, guided
by scripts. I want to send some files to family without having them actually
install the software, so is there a basic engine file which will work?

--

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> Is it possible to install Povray to a CD so it runs as a standalone, guided
> by scripts. I want to send some files to family without having them actually
> install the software, so is there a basic engine file which will work?

sorry, I just added a subject line. Dunno. Probably. Good question.

Post a reply to this message

"Tom Melly" <pov### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote in message
> Stephen wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to install Povray to a CD so it runs as a standalone,
guided
> > by scripts. I want to send some files to family without having them
actually
> > install the software, so is there a basic engine file which will work?
>
> sorry, I just added a subject line. Dunno. Probably. Good question.

You can probably use PVENGINE.EXE alone. The interface is just a layer on
top of that.

Post a reply to this message

> Is it possible to install Povray to a CD so it runs as a standalone, guided
> by scripts. I want to send some files to family without having them actually
> install the software, so is there a basic engine file which will work?

For mac, yes (but I dont think you are talking about mac, as the
installation is so easy for mac).  Windows, no, Linux, not sure.

Post a reply to this message