POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : 2 questions Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  2 questions (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Martin J Weiss
Subject: 2 questions
Date: 14 Feb 2004 06:52:13
Message: <402e0bed$1@news.povray.org>
Hi there!

I have 2 questions:

1.) (The easy one). Can I run the PovRay render engine on a remote computer
(send the rendering infos to it and get the image back)?
   We have some fast computers in the company, but my machine is slow, so I
olny want to generate the files and read back the results...
    Some links to software or descriptions?
    Can I split the render task over several machines?

2.) I got a macro which generates a maze and also a solution path as a
object in form of pipes.
   I now modell the pipe as glass and want to become the glass "path"
lighning red. I place a red photon light source at the beginning.
   I attach a link with the PovRay model file and the image.
   Can anybody tell me if this is the right way to do it?
   I want the pipe to look very bright ...

Best regards,

Martin Weiss.

http://62.75.160.164/~albusmw/Glass.zip