POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Isosurfaces meet and cause Artifacts Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurfaces meet and cause Artifacts (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Tom Melly
Subject: Re: Isosurfaces meet and cause Artifacts
Date: 30 Jan 2004 05:42:57
Message: <401a3531$1@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:401a3203@news.povray.org...

>   By the way, you could also say "in computer languages there's usually
> a shortcut for writing '*10^' by writing 'e' instead. That is, for
> example 1234*(10^12) can be written as 1234e12". Then from that point
> forward you can use the e-syntax instead of the *10^ one for clarity.

Good idea - although I might not use that notation in the examples as, for the
novices, it might just be another layer of abstraction getting in the way of
understanding the issue.

BTW the graphics on the page (and site) are all rendered in POV. (although if
you wander outside of cgi-bin you'll hit a username/password request).

Post a reply to this message