POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : object/mesh converter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  object/mesh converter (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: wollinger
Subject: object/mesh converter
Date: 28 Apr 2006 08:30:00
Message: <web.445209dcb8103a25f8d87ea10@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm looking for a converter to convert objects or meshes from Gambit (from
Fluent.inc) to povray. As the Gambit manual states it can export geometry
as ACIS, Parasolid, IGES, STEP, Catia V4 and Meshes: Fidap Neutral,
Uns/Rampant/Fluent, Nekton, Ansys, Generic Neutral.

Has anybody expericence to convert some of the formats to povray?

Kind regards
Wolfgang

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:26:04 EDT, "wollinger" <wol### [at] gmznet> wrote:

just try 3DWin (www.tb-software.com). It reads IGES and exports to
POV-Ray.

-tb

>Hi,
>
>I'm looking for a converter to convert objects or meshes from Gambit (from
>Fluent.inc) to povray. As the Gambit manual states it can export geometry
>as ACIS, Parasolid, IGES, STEP, Catia V4 and Meshes: Fidap Neutral,
>Uns/Rampant/Fluent, Nekton, Ansys, Generic Neutral.
>
>Has anybody expericence to convert some of the formats to povray?
>
>Kind regards
>Wolfgang

Post a reply to this message