POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Bevel me this Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:11:49 EDT (-0400)
  Bevel me this (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bill Hails
Subject: Bevel me this
Date: 31 Dec 2003 07:06:26
Message: <3ff2bbc2@news.povray.org>
I'm working on a csg model that has a lot of
bevelled edges. I'm posting an example
of the problem (not the model I'm working on)
to p.b.i with the same subj.

Basically I can bevel convex and concave
edges by a combination of spheres and
cylinders, but it all breaks down when
a convex edge meets a concave one (coloured
red in the example picture). The bevelling
should flow round the corners and fade out.

Anyone's math up to this? Mine isn't. I
know the solution should have only a single
variable, the bevel radius, but I'm stuck
beyond that point.

The pic I'm working on is much more complex
than the pic posted, so isosurfaces are not
an option in general, though an isosurface
plug to fill the corner might work.

--
Bill Hails

Post a reply to this message