POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Text placement problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Text placement problem (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: M Godfrey
Subject: Text placement problem
Date: 24 Nov 2003 02:15:00
Message: <3fc1aff4$1@news.povray.org>
hello,
I'm not necessarialy a newbie but not an advanced user, and asking this
question really makes me feel newbish.

I have raytraced an image with a sun, earth, and the moon. with the camera
sitting on a platue with a lake as the plane, view earth the moon and the
sun. What i was trying to do is place some words up above the camera view so
they reflect off the lake.

remember the aspect of the picture is to par the earth is the size of the
earth the moon is the size of the moon blah blah camera just set way back

now my problem: when i put any words using true type font there really small
can't get the right aspect and when the words appear i only see a chunk of
the back of the first letter, i tried rotating it using rotate <0,???,0> to
rotate it on the y axis and also x*## but it just shoots it to the far left
of the screen and not keeping it in one spot and not really turning it on
the x axis.. is there something i'm missing?

Please Help.
Thanx
Mike

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 02:11:12 -0500, "M Godfrey" <mgo### [at] netscapenet> wrote:

> i tried rotating it using rotate <0,???,0> to
>rotate it on the y axis and also x*## but it just shoots it to the far left
>of the screen and not keeping it in one spot and not really turning it on
>the x axis.. is there something i'm missing?

Try putting your rotate before the translation.

Regards
        Stephen