POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Grass Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Grass (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Brent G
Subject: Grass
Date: 6 Sep 2003 20:57:20
Message: <3f5a8270@news.povray.org>
I was using Gilles Tran's grass macro's except the scaling of the grass
is is ALOT larger then I'm wanting it, is there an easy way for me to
scale down the grass? Or should I just make my scene alot larger?

Post a reply to this message

You should be able to save your grass patch to a file and scale it with
something like :

   object {
     #include "fgrass1.inc"

     texture {
       pigment {
         dents
         triangle_wave
         color_map {
           [0.0 rgb <0.0, 0.4, 0.1>]
           [1.0 rgb <0.1, 0.6, 0.2>]
         }
       }
     }
     scale 0.08
     rotate 45*y
     translate <0.5,0.6,-8.0>
   }

JC (Exether)

Brent G wrote:
> I was using Gilles Tran's grass macro's except the scaling of the grass
> is is ALOT larger then I'm wanting it, is there an easy way for me to
> scale down the grass? Or should I just make my scene alot larger?

Post a reply to this message

> You should be able to save your grass patch to a file and scale it with
> something like :
>
>   object {
>     #include "fgrass1.inc"
>
>     texture {
>       pigment {
>         dents
>         triangle_wave
>         color_map {
>           [0.0 rgb <0.0, 0.4, 0.1>]
>           [1.0 rgb <0.1, 0.6, 0.2>]
>         }
>       }
>     }
>     scale 0.08
>     rotate 45*y
>     translate <0.5,0.6,-8.0>
>   }
>
> JC (Exether)

*sigh* and that's what it does by default lol I'm such a moron :D