POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : transparent emissions Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  transparent emissions (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Damien
Subject: transparent emissions
Date: 30 Aug 2003 11:51:14
Message: <3f50c7f2$1@news.povray.org>
hey,
 i've got this code

box{<-9.7,0.15,7.2>,<-5,4,9.5>
pigment { rgbt 1 }
        interior {
                media   {
                                emission rgbt <1, 1, 1>
                                scattering{1,<1,1,1>}
                        }
        hollow
}

however i want the light to be semi transparent! so it doesnt look like so
bright! is there anyway to do this??

cheers
Damien

Post a reply to this message

From: Hughes, B
Subject: Re: transparent emissions
Date: 30 Aug 2003 18:10:16
Message: <3f5120c8@news.povray.org>
"Damien" <rev### [at] iinetnetau> wrote in message

> box{<-9.7,0.15,7.2>,<-5,4,9.5>
> pigment { rgbt 1 }
>         interior {
>                 media   {
>                                 emission rgbt <1, 1, 1>
>                                 scattering{1,<1,1,1>}
>                         }
>                 }
>         hollow
> }
>
> however i want the light to be semi transparent! so it doesnt look like so
> bright! is there anyway to do this??

The either the emission or scattering (or both) color vector needs to be
lowered to smaller values. You can also add a density statement having a rgb
value lower than the default of 1, as well.

I'm not sure if you have a typo, or not, but transmit is of no use for the
emission, 'rgb' is all you need there.

Bob H.