POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Cam shapes Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:16:58 EDT (-0400)
  Cam shapes (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Brent G
Subject: Cam shapes
Date: 23 Aug 2003 20:33:01
Message: <3f4807bd@news.povray.org>
IN a picture I'm trying to create, I need to make a cam shaped object,
like those found in engines, not the picture kind :). I've been able to
create the basic circle shape I want using the supertorus, which is
probably not the best way to make it :). Now my only problem is creating
that taper off the side, any help?

Post a reply to this message

> IN a picture I'm trying to create, I need to make a cam shaped object,
> like those found in engines, not the picture kind :). I've been able to
> create the basic circle shape I want using the supertorus, which is
> probably not the best way to make it :). Now my only problem is creating
> that taper off the side, any help?

A  'prism' shape should do what you want.