POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Transparent background Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Transparent background (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Dave
Subject: Transparent background
Date: 20 Aug 2003 04:44:36
Message: <3f4334f4@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm trying to create a moving gif with a transparent background to put into
a web page.

I can create what I want as a png file which, in PovRay, looks like a
transparent background (ie the grey-white check).  However, if I open the
images in Photoshop, or insert into a web page, the background is black.

I have used

background { color rgbf <0,0,0,1> }

in the .pov file and

+UA

in the .ini file.

Any ideas anyone?

Dave

Post a reply to this message

> I'm trying to create a moving gif with a transparent background to put into
> a web page.

[...]

See:

http://news.povray.org/povray.newusers/32816/