POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rounded Rectangles ? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:33:47 EDT (-0400)
  Rounded Rectangles ? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Jake McDowell
Subject: Rounded Rectangles ?
Date: 28 Jul 2003 21:09:09
Message: <3f25c935$1@news.povray.org>
Can anyone point me in the right direction here ?

I'll need to use some rounded rectangles in a scene i'm working on...  i
figure i could either build it with CSG somehow [not really too good with
csg yet...]  or use a very flat superellipsoid... possibly even use csg with
a superellipsoid if needed.  Is there some easier way to do this ?  i'm just
curious as to how a more advanced user would do this.  :]

thanks in advance !

Post a reply to this message

Best bet is an f_rounded_box isosurface.  You can find a sample here:

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/builtin1.htm

--
Doug Eichenberg
www.getinfo.net/douge

Post a reply to this message

 "Jake McDowell" <mcn### [at] techiecom> wrote:

> Can anyone point me in the right direction here ?
>
> I'll need to use some rounded rectangles in a scene i'm working on...  i
> figure i could either build it with CSG somehow [not really too good with
> csg yet...]  or use a very flat superellipsoid... possibly even use csg with
> a superellipsoid if needed.  Is there some easier way to do this ?  i'm just
> curious as to how a more advanced user would do this.  :]
>
> thanks in advance !

You, uh, might look in shapes.inc, at round_box ( ) ?

--
Dawn McKnight                               d-m### [at] spamlesscoxnet
USS Nautilus cooperative writing project:

Post a reply to this message

Isosurfaces are slow. Going with a CSG version
is better for a beginner.

--
Tim Nikias v2.0

> Best bet is an f_rounded_box isosurface.  You can find a sample here:
>
> http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/builtin1.htm
>
> --
> Doug Eichenberg
> www.getinfo.net/douge