POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : tga2df3 - how to use? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:33:01 EDT (-0400)
  tga2df3 - how to use? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: JK
Subject: tga2df3 - how to use?
Date: 26 Jul 2003 06:51:47
Message: <3f225d43@news.povray.org>
Hi, I hope this is not off topic, but could someone who has used PodD's
tga2df3 tell me how it is used.
Lets say I have my TGA-files in C:\Mytga. Now, when I open tga2df3 it says
"Enter base name of files to convert". What should I do? What is meant by
"base name" and how do I know where the df3-file is put?

Sorry, to bug you guys with such elementary stuff.

Post a reply to this message

> Hi, I hope this is not off topic, but could someone who has used
> PodD's tga2df3 tell me how it is used.
> Lets say I have my TGA-files in C:\Mytga. Now, when I open tga2df3 it
> says "Enter base name of files to convert". What should I do? What is
> meant by "base name" and how do I know where the df3-file is put?

In C:\Mytga you'll need some files that look like this:

MyPic001.tga
MyPic002.tga
MyPic003.tga

The basename you'll have to enter whe tga2df3 asks is MyPic.
The resulting df3 will be written to C:\Mytga

Ingo

Post a reply to this message