POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : layered textures and transparent gifs Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  layered textures and transparent gifs (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: David
Subject: layered textures and transparent gifs
Date: 11 Jul 2003 05:15:01
Message: <web.3f0e7f374965b1c45c8e72650@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have just come back to povray after about 7 years and it just seems to get
better and better!

Anyway, my problem is this.

I wish to apply a texture and put a gif on top with some transparent
(filtered) colours. However, this does not seem to work - please help.

Ths colour (#140) is transparent if I comment out the first texture but
shows up in the second.

My code -

texture {
      pigment {
   granite
   colour_map {
    [0.0 colour rgb <0.95,0.98,1>]
    [0.2 colour rgb <0.95,0.98,1>]
    [0.4 colour rgb <0.92,0.93,0.97>]
    [0.8 colour rgb <0.89,0.92,0.95>]
    [1.0 colour rgb <0.95,0.98,1>]
   }
  }
}
texture {
        pigment {
                image_map {
                           gif "logo3.gif" once
                           filter 140, 1.0
                           }
                rotate <0,-90,0>
                scale 1
                translate <0,4.2,0.35>
               }
}

I am using version 3.5 Unix (.Linux.gcc)

Thanks in advance.

David

Post a reply to this message