POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : iso_csg.inc question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:34:34 EDT (-0400)
  iso_csg.inc question (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Dave Matthews
Subject: iso_csg.inc question
Date: 24 Jun 2003 23:30:01
Message: <web.3ef9165ee559a9c37196f5900@news.povray.org>
OK, what really dumb mistakes am I making?

#declare this_function =IC_Sphere(<0,0,0>, 1);

isosurface { function { this_function }
      contained_by { box { -2, 2} }
                        texture { pigment { color rgb <0.5, 0.5, 0> } }}

returns:

isosurface { function { this_function }

While

#declare this_function = IC_Sphere(<0,0,0>, 1);

isosurface { function { this_function(<0,0,0>,1) }
      contained_by { box { -2, 2} }
                        texture { pigment { color rgb <0.5, 0.5, 0> } }}

returns:

#declare this_function = IC_Sphere(<

So, leaving out the #declare statement entirely, and going it directly:

isosurface { function { IC_Sphere(<0,0,0>, 1)}
      contained_by { box { -2, 2} }
                        texture { pigment { color rgb <0.5, 0.5, 0> } }}

highlighting the first line of below:

function {
    f_sphere(x-Cx, y-Cy, z-Cz, _ICSG_Radius)

and returning the error message:

(I started with the IC_HF_Sphere function, but to make sure my problem
wasn't somehow with my image map, I simplified to the above, with the same
results.)

Normally, after several hours, I can fight my way through my obtuseness, but
not this time.

Please help.

Post a reply to this message