POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Add a Gif as Texture Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:29:40 EDT (-0400)
  Add a Gif as Texture (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Maik Schmidt
Subject: Add a Gif as Texture
Date: 21 Jun 2003 10:48:46
Message: <3ef4704e$1@news.povray.org>
Hi.

I'm trying to get a gif file into my raytraced picture. I want to place
it as some typ of sign but somehow I don't get it working. I only get a
blank plane with this source code:

----
#include "colors.inc"
global_settings { ambient_light rgb<1, 1, 1> }
light_source {
     <1, 1, 1>
     color White
}
camera {
     location <0, 3, 0>
     look_at  <0, 0, 0>
}
plane {
         <0, 1, 0>,0
         texture {
           pigment {
             image_map {
               gif "test.gif"
             }
           }
         }
}
----

The gif file is the logo in the upper right portion of
http://www.daani.de/. I just renamed it for my purpose.

And I just do not know where my error is.

Greetings,
Maik Schmidt

Post a reply to this message