POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : keeping texture after CSG Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  keeping texture after CSG (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
Subject: keeping texture after CSG
Date: 10 Mar 2003 11:03:11
Message: <3e6cb73f@news.povray.org>
Hi POV-Ray-experts,

I have problems using cutaway_textures for a CSG difference operation. I
want to cut a blob of spheres (all slightly different colored) with a box.
The spheres are ordered on a 2D-plane and should be flattened on the side
where the box is located. So far so good.

My problem is, that cutaway_textures does not work when performing the
difference between the blob and the box. All the spheres turn completely
black. With cutaway_textures commented out just the flattened side is black.
When I use a simple set of spheres (_without_ a blob surrounding them)
everything is fine, except that I don't have to blob.

Any ideas why POV behaves like that?

Best regards,
Alex

Ale### [at] gmxde