POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rotation Problem Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  Rotation Problem (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: RyanWatkins
Subject: Rotation Problem
Date: 31 Jan 2003 14:05:03
Message: <web.3e3ac802518a4028f0fe41560@news.povray.org>
I'm working on a simple animation of an object (protein molecule) rotating
about the y-axis.  I've included the following lines at the end of my .pov
file:

object {
    _Scene
        rotate <0,clock*360,0>
}

When I render, I get my rotated object but I also get the object in its
original orientation overlaid on top of the new orientation.  I don't want
to see the old orientation.  I tried just changing the rotation of the
camera but as the light source doesn't move around with it, the object is
dark on the far side so this doesn't produce a desired effect.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ryan

Post a reply to this message