POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Is there any software to import AUTOCAD files/objects into POV-RAY ? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Is there any software to import AUTOCAD files/objects into POV-RAY ? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Joseph Zeglinski
Subject: Is there any software to import AUTOCAD files/objects into POV-RAY ?
Date: 21 Jan 2003 14:38:10
Message: <3e2da1a2$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,
    I am using an electronic CAD package which produces POV-ray renderings o
poplulated boards. However, the library of component models (resistors,
capacitors, connectors) is limited. The good news is that many connector
manufacturers offer online Autocad drawings. Is there any way (tool, utility,
software etc.) of converting the Autocad drawing into a POV-RAY object ?

Thanks
Joe

---

If it's not listed here, then it probably doesn't exist:

http://www.povray.org/resources/links/3D_Programs/Conversion_Utilities/

>     I am using an electronic CAD package which produces POV-ray renderings
> poplulated boards. However, the library of component models (resistors,
> capacitors, connectors) is limited. The good news is that many connector
> manufacturers offer online Autocad drawings. Is there any way (tool,
utility,
> software etc.) of converting the Autocad drawing into a POV-RAY object ?

Have you tried this?
http://autocad2pov.povray.co.uk/index.html

Hope this helps.
Bye