POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : I/O Macro problem Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  I/O Macro problem (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: I/O Macro problem
Date: 25 Dec 2002 17:43:34
Message: <3e0a3471.38883090@news.povray.org>
I am trying to write a macro that will read a file into an array. It
works when it is called the first time but when it is called a second
time I get this error.

                        #read (ReadFile <----ERROR

Parse Error: Expected 'file identifier', undeclared identifier
'ReadFile' found instead

What have I done wrong? I get no clues from the documentation and
looking at Tim Nikias Wenclawiak's io_macs.inc does not help me I am
obviously missing something. A sandwich short of a picnic maybe :
I hope it allowable to post the code here

Stephen

#macro ReadDat (File_Name, Buff_Name)

#fopen ReadFile File_Name  read
#read (ReadFile,Var1,Var2,Var3)
#declare Buff_Name=array [Var1][Var2]      ;
#local H1=0                                   ;
        #while (H1< Var2 )
        #local W1=0   ;
                #while (W1< Var1)
                        #read (ReadFile,Var4)
                        #declare Buff_Name  [W1][H1]  =  Var4      ;
             #local W1=W1+1           ;
                #end
        #local H1=H1+1                    ;
        #end
#fclose ReadFile
#end

// First call of Macro
#declare File_Name = "b.dat"            ;
#declare Buff_Name= "BufferLast"           ;
ReadDat (File_Name, Buff_Name)

// Second call of Macro
#declare File_Name = "a.dat"            ;
#declare Buff_Name= "BufferCur"           ;
ReadDat (File_Name, Buff_Name)

Post a reply to this message